Prep time: 25 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Total time: 35 minutes
● 2 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
● 1 tablespoon brown sugar
● 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
● 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
● 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
● 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
● 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
● 1 1/2 pounds flank steak
● 1 cup Cantagold Cantaloupe, diced
● 1 cup MelloSweet Honeydew Melon, diced
● 1 cup corn kernels
● 2 roma tomatoes, seeded and diced
● 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and diced
● 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
● 2 tablespoons lime juice
- Whisk together 2 tablespoons olive oil with brown sugar, 1 teaspoon kosher salt, pepper,
cumin, coriander and garlic powder. Transfer marinade to a zip-top bag, add flank steak
and seal. Toss steak in bag to thoroughly coat with marinade, then refrigerate at least 4
hours and up to overnight.
- Make salsa by combining cantaloupe, honeydew, corn, tomatoes, jalapeno, cilantro and
lime juice in a bowl. Add remaining olive oil and kosher salt, and toss to combine.
- Preheat grill or grill pan to medium-high. Remove steak from marinade, letting excess
marinade drip away. Grill steak 3-4 minutes per side, or until the internal temperature
reaches 130°F in the thickest part. Transfer steak to cutting board and let rest for at least 10 mins.
- Cut steak into 1/4 inch slices, against the grain and top with salsa.