It might seem obvious, but the number one benefit of getting a flu shot is to keep people from getting sick. The CDC outlines the following benefits of flu vaccines:
1. Can keep you from getting sick with the flu
2. Reduces the risk of flu-associated hospitalization for children, adults, and elderly
3. Preventative tool for people with chronic health conditions
4. Protects women during and after pregnancy
5. Reduces severity of flu illness in those that still get sick
6. Protects your family and loved ones
Who should get vaccinated?
Everyone 6 months of age and older should get a flu vaccine. There are age-appropriate vaccines for people 6 months and older. Those over 65 years of age should receive one of two vaccines specifically designed for them. . Learn more about who should get a flu shot here
Walk into any of our pharmacies today to get your flu shot, no appointment necessary. When you provide your perks number, you can also earn 50 perks points just for staying healthy! Don’t delay, come get your flu shot today!