Can I get my flu shot and my COVID-19 vaccine together?
Yes. The CDC recently updated their policy stating that you can now get a COVID-19 vaccine and other vaccines in the same visit. If you have not yet been vaccinated against COVID-19, protect yourself and others by getting both your flu shot and COVID-19 at the same time.
Why is it important to get my flu shot?
Both COVID-19 and the flu have the following symptoms and are spread in similar ways.
COVID-19 vs Flu
- Both can be transmitted through person to person contact or droplets from coughing, sneezing or talking.
- Both can be transmitted by someone who isn’t showing signs of being sick or experiencing any symptoms.
- Both can live on surfaces
- COVID-19 and Influenza are different types of viruses that can cause similar symptoms in humans.
- Unlike, COVID-19, the Influenza virus does not live in the air for a certain amount of time.
- The new COVID delta variant spreads faster than the flu. People infected with COVID-19 can spread the disease before they ever have symptoms.
- COVID-19 is more deadly than the flu. The mortality rate for the flu is less than 1% of people infected while COVID-19 has a mortality rate of 4%-6% of people infected.
- The CDC estimates that an average of 36,000 people have died of the flu in the US each year over the past decade.
Visit any pharmacy for a flu shot today, no appointment needed. To keep everyone safe, we have implemented new safety measures this year:
- While receiving a flu shot, all patients are asked to wear a mask
- Please take a moment to complete the intake form here prior to coming to the pharmacy. Click to download.